Monday, March 24, 2008

The 6th . . . 7th . . . what Wonder are we on?

I love patterns and connections! One of my most favorite things In The World, is when I talk to someone about something, or see something, then later I see something or hear something that connects back to the first thing. Does that make any sense at all???


Here is a rough example of the type of strange phenomena I'm sure only I find connected and exciting. Last night, I was talking to one of my friends about how, for the most part, women just wish men could read their minds. And, if I'm remembering right, (See, sometimes I make these connections because I don't always remember things the way they actually happened.) he said, if guys could figure out what ladies were thinking it would be a break-though as big as the Wonders of the World. It would be the next world wonder.

Now, I'm in Minneapolis thinking about how true that is. Why am I still thinking about it, you ask? Well, besides the fact that it is very true, I'm thinking about it because this book Wonders of the World by Francesco Boccia was sitting on the table in the hotel lounge. That to me is a connection.

There are more than 7 wonders, you know. But I like the original 7 best.

2 comments:

Rebecca J said...

Why are you in Minneapolis thinking about the Seven Wonders of the (Ancient) World? By the way, that book has the Colosseum on the cover, but that's not one of the Seven Wonders, at least in the classical sense. But today, I saw that there was some poll going for the Seven Wonders of the Natural World, so no telling how many rogue "Wonders" there are nowadays!

Sarah said...

A little something about world wonders from my personal favorite information warehouse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonders_of_the_world

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...