Sunday, October 12, 2008

First gift of the season!

Our "season" has started a little early here. Thursday the stroytime children told me it was snowing outside, and Saturday was an ugly mess of rain slush. Sunday morning was beautiful though. These pictures don't show the beauty of it very well, but I woke up to an inch or so and pretty white flake still coming down. It feels like Christmas Morning.


I also woke up to this:

Matt came by to give the first gift of the season . . . and what a gift it is. There is nothing more wonderful in life than the feeling you get when you give and recieve thanks. Sister Hinckley once said, "If you don't have anyone to thank, look at your toothbrush and say, 'Thank you.'" I have so very many people to thank!

By the way, if you haven't heard, Matthew and I are engaged and getting married here in Idaho on Dec 13th. =)

2 comments:

jmholloway said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you.

Mindi :)

Waco Gropp said...

This is Chris Gropp, Congratulations. That is lucky fellow, make sure he knows that.

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...