Monday, February 14, 2011

A Word About Nonfiction

One day, my sister came to visit me at the library at which I worked. As we chatted in the fiction section where I was evaluation the collection and making big, future book ordering plans another friend of mine came up and asked what we were doing. "Just keeping it real," I said. my sister began laughing like I had told the most hilarious joke in the world.

I love nonfiction. My favorite nonfiction books are autobiographies of non famous people and historical travel memoirs, like this one:

Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay.

Is it about traveling about the world? Yes
Is it about the histories behind the colors of the rainbow? Yes
Is it written in first person? Yes

Past that, I can't really explain to you what it's about. I just finished reading the chapter on Orange and learned an increadible amount about Italian violin makers. Books like this remind me of myself, just a little random.

No comments:

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...