Saturday, June 9, 2007

Free Fishing Day

I'm going fishing today! It's free. I'm going to see if I like it, and then I'm decide what to do next.

I've been fishing three other times in my life.

1) When I was very little one of our grandpa's friends took us to a little lake in Idaho. The boys fished, and I watched. All I remember is that the lake was by a little cabin, and on the bank there was a trash can full of fish food. I and my little brothers kept throwing fish food into the pond so the fish would jump. Grandpa's friend kept getting mad at us because the fish were eating the food and not the bait.

2) When I was 12 or 13 my family visited some friends who lived by the river in Texas. They had ducklings in their tub, and lots of land. We went out in the boat and my brother fished while I watched and yerned. We didn't catch much.

3) In college I went on a big group date fishing trip. We went to a private pond, and this time I actually fished. I even caught something, but it was dark by the time I did and I was afraid to touch that wiggily, slimy thing on the end of my line. My date pulled it out and cleaned it for me. I'm not sure what happened with that fish. I can't remember eating it.

Today is the big fishing day. It's light outside, I'm going with friends, it's free. I can't go wrong this time.

1 comment:

Dave & Chels said...

I hope fishing went well - it never goes well for me. The fish are too smart on the days I go. Hey, when were you on the Oregon coast?? Why didn't you call me to go with you? :) - Chels

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...