The best thing about Mothers Day, in my opinion, is that it's so close after my mom's birthday. Which means, if I miss the first one, I always get a second chance.
So, without any further ado, The top 10 things that make my mom my Favorite!
10. She's a redhead - something I'm sure she passed on to me, at least in spirit if not in reality.
9. She can sew . . . anything!
8. She gets up early and does stuff. . . lots of stuff.
7. She's asleep by 10:00, not just in bed, but completely OUT!
6. If there is a way to grow something, she'll find it. Even if you live in the middle of the dessert and the ground is basically radioactive, she'll plant something, somewhere, in some kind of pot, filled with home-made composted soil, and it will grow.
5. She has a smile that can light up all of the state of Texas!
4. And her eyes sparkle.
3. She can turn a meal for 4 into a meal for 12 as if she were just pulling food out of the air.
2. She gives good advice, even when she doesn't realize she's giving advice, she give it and it's good.
1. She gives everything she's got. Her testimony, her love, what she knows, what she's learning, her time, her strengths, and even her weaknesses. Her talents, her advice, and then some more of her love. And she's not picky about who she gives to. If you're around, She's be there for you. So, you'd better watch out. You are going to be loved!
And these are just a few reasons why I love my mom.