Thursday, June 12, 2008

#14 It's okay that I forgot her birthday.

This title is a quote from the favorite sister. . .

You know. Ever since about 2004, I've had this really bad habit of remembering (and therefore celebrating) my loved ones' birthdays one day ahead of schedule. And then forgetting to celebrate the day of . . . that would have been Tuesday!

Oh Lorraine, to celebrate your birthday I kicked of Summer Reading at the library, invited a bunch of kids to a fly-tying and fly-fishing demonstration, and dominated in a "name that hymn" competition by naming 8 hymns in a total of 21 notes.

I also dreamed of preparing this splendid cake for you, the day before that is!

Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy, Happy, happy, happy, happy Birthday To You From Me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for your comment on our blog. I'm so bummed we missed Fancy Nancy day, we are HUGE FN fans!

Lorraine said...

that cake is awesome!! It's even better than if you had really given it to me and I actually had to eat some.

I'm glad you celebrated my birthday by kicking off summer reading. That's also probably my most favorite summer activity ever, except maybe my birthday.

I love you!

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...