Sunday, July 13, 2008

How does your garden grow?

Apparently one of the benefits of community gardening is shared veggies. I had no idea, so I was pleasantly surprised yesterday, when my neighbor gardener shouted out to me, "Sarah, do you like radishes?" Well I love radishes. They are some of my favorite things. So, I said so. "Well, good. ours are ready to pick and only my husband likes them. Help yourself." When I hadn't "helped myself" by the time they were ready to leave, she asked me to come over and take a tour of her garden, then pulled some radishes for me . . .

and cut some lettuces . . .


My garden is doing alright, but isn't as far along as hers, but I hope when my potatoes come up they will be nice enough to share.

Oh, the joys of gardening.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Yes! Those look soooo yummy. I haven't done any vegetable gardening this year, so I'm jealous.

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...