Sunday, September 14, 2008

Garden Gourmet

Friday night Matthew and I cooked up something yummy from the fresh veggies we picked a few weeks ago.

Our meal started with some fresh garden tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Our meal kind of had a spinach theme, so we sprinkled some Tastefully Simple spinach & herb mix on top.


Then we hollowed out some "Sunburst" (patty pan) squash and stuffed it with a yummy, creamy spinach filling. (recipe below)



Please forgive my pictures. I'm not the best food blogger.


Matt brought over a zucchini and made the most wonderful sauteed zucchini and rosemary chicken.

And of course we decorated the table with fresh cut garden sunflowers.



Spinach Stuffed Squash

2 medium sized patty pan squash
1 package frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
Seasoned salt
Black pepper
Cracker crumbs
Parmesan cheese, grated

cut off one end of squash and remove seeds, leaving think sides and a hollow middle. Boil or bake until just tender. Cook spinach and drain well, squeezing out excess moisture. Combine Spinach with sour cream, butter (softened), seasoned salt, onion and pepper. Stuff squash; sprinkle with cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Bake at 325 F. for 30 minutes.

(from www.dianaskitchen.com)

4 comments:

jmholloway said...

Alright Sarah, who is Matthew? I am dying to know. Is he just a good friend or is he a romantic interest?

Mindi :)

BTW that food looks so delicious. I just want it to pop out of the computer so I can eat it.

Ellen said...

The food looks great and sounds great. Thanks for sharing the garden and the eats.
MOM

Unknown said...

Sarah! Do you remember me? I was checking out friends blogs and somehow ended up finding yours! I used to work with you at the David O. I'm so excited that you have gotten to be a librarian! That was my dream--but now I am a teacher instead!

Check out my blog sometime! Hope all is well--your food looks healthy and delicious!

Emily M said...

Maybe you guys SHOULD have us over for dinner. :)

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...