Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Reading

This Christmas I have a stack of books that fortunately or unfortunately keep piling up. For Classics Book Club we are reading The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde  by Robert Louis Stevenson. For the fun of it I've picked up:

The Story of the Trapp Family Singers by Maria Van Trapp
Chester, I Love You by Blaine M. and Brenton G. Yorgason
White Demon by Tiffany Black
and
Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois

And then I was inspired as I watched the Christmas Devotional this past Sunday, and I added these three books to my list:

The Gospel of Luke
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
and The Mansion by Henry van Dyke

You may not own your own copies of these Holiday Classics yet. Perhaps you will be as thrilled as I was to find all three available for reading online. Have a Merry Merry Christmas as you read and remember that Christ and His love for us is what truly makes December so merry and bright.

No comments:

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...