Sunday, January 20, 2008

To Do: hair cut!

Friday night, I went to a dance, and, just like at every other stake dance I went to in my life, the one thing dominating my thoughts was my hair. I really didn't like it. I needed a trim. So, on my Saturday To Do List I put "hair cut," right after "shower" and right before "laundry." I was excited about this one. I jumped in the shower and got all clean and then got dressed and took out the scissors, and, for the first time since I was 5, I cut my own hair.

I'm sad to tell you that my hair-cutting skills have not improved much. What can I say, I'm a librarian, not a stylist. So, I laughed (that's the important part), got out some bobby pins, pinned up my way too short bangs, and went out to do some laundry. For the next three weeks, I'm going to have one look. I'm pretty excited about it. All my bangs are pulled up in the middle of my head with four bobby pins.

My roommate says she can even things out for me in about three weeks.

Yicks! Double yick if you count that I have no make-up on under my "only wear at home" glasses.

But I don't know. It might take two months to straighten out this mess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures!

Sarah said...

No Way!

Mary said...

For real! Pictures! I think that's so funny, because I woke up from a TERRIBLE dream last night (and I have NO idea where it came from). I my dream, I was out our house in Texas and a bunch of other stuff happened first, but then I accidentally bit my hair off. In my dream I had long hair like I used to, and this huge ponytail just came off into my hand, and my hair was really short, like when I first got it cut. And then I woke up. I was FAR more upset in my dream, and I remember I was thinking "Oh no! It's going to take FOREVER to grow it out again!" It was not a happy dream.

ANYWAY. I am giving a talk, and I did get the stuff I needed. I listened to the Elder Ballard talk that you have a link to on your blog, and I also got the transcript of that (from dad). And one of the girls here sent me links to the article on LDS.org and to the website that he mentions in his talk. So if you want any of those other links, let me know.

Love you tons! We should make a google chat date so we can talk sometime!!

Chelsea said...

I remember when i was little and trying to style my barbie dolls hair thinking it would be easy. Well- suddenly the only difference between my troll dolls and barbies was height and boobs. I can't even imagine doing that to my own hair!! Props to you for the courage, or insanity, or maybe you were drunk (i told you that drinking was BAD)! And it sounds like you can now fit right in with my troll doll collection (except for the differences i listed above)

Rebecca J said...

Yay! Pictures! I hope your hair is growing out nicely because that is way, way shorter than I'd imagined your cutting it. That actually kind of reminds me of my passport picture where my hair is super duper short.

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...