Friday, October 17, 2008

Little Boys and Little Girls

About a month ago, Matt and I went over to his aunt's house to visit and show her the ring. While we were ringing the doorbell a little boy voice from the other side of a hedge in the yard said, "Are you the Library Lady?" I peeked though the hedge and said, "Yes I am. Are you going to come out and say hi?" Snickers insued, and three little boys ran to the porch of the neighbor's house.

We had a nice visit with Matt's aunt (dispite the little faces peering though her basement window, and the funny "she's with a boy." "is that her boyfriend." "I think she's on a date." conversation that was happening just outside.) Then as we stood on her porch again to say goodbye, three little boys, giggling in the distance, mustered their courage and trotted out in front of us in a straight line. (No primary teacher in the world could have created a straighter line.) I said, "Well Hello." and in response, the leader of the pack said, "We have something to say to you." "And what is that," I said. Then the count-off, and unexpectedly (although I sould have know better) three little boys started hureling berries at me and Matt.

Of course this story has a happy ending. Matt defended my honor and the boys were tackled and challenged to a push-up contest.

This week we were talking about little boys and the funny things they do to get the attention of little girls. I said, "Little boys flirt by throwing rocks at girls."
"No they don't!" said Matt. "Boys only throw rocks at people they don't like."
I brought up our night at his aunt's house as an illustration.
"What were they throwing?" He said. "Not rocks."
"No, I guess they were just throwing berries."
Matt got a big grin on his face. "Well there you go. Boys of all ages know that if you like a girl, the best way to get her attention is to throw food at her."

How true that is!

4 comments:

the ginabean said...

That's so true! Funny story! You and Matt will most likely have lots of these funny conversations in the years to come.

Sarah said...

Oh, we do! and that is why I love him so very very much.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that we have a new blog address, it just made things more organized for me. It is http://amberandbensfam.blogspot.com Just wanted to let you know!!

Thanks Ben and Amber Sessions

Congrats again on your engagement!

Krystal said...

Sarah! You're engaged! Congratulations! I found your blog through your facebook account. I was excited to add you to our family and friends!

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...