Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Change in Priority

I love books. But the more I read, the more I realize I'm not a book critic. I just love books. I didn't become a librarian because I love books, though. I because a librarian because I love to learn things and I couldn't think of another profession that would put me as close to the source of knowledge as this one.

With that said, I hope you'll visit often, not for book suggestions, or to see the newest, greatest things I'm reading, but rather, to see the newest greatest things I'm learning from what I've read.

I'm a pretty random reader, too. For instance: in the last few months I've read a cook book from cover to cover.

which has propelled me into many new cooking adventures and nutritional research, a few children's books


and one Russian classic that includes children in a surprising way. I hope you'll be willing to endulge me, and maybe even join a conversation or two as I talk about what I'm learning, and what projects I'm inspired to start as I read.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Secret Garden was one of my first favorites. -Remind me show you the chalk artwork in a copy I have sometime. :)

Finished and Favorites

   I finally finished reading ALL the Newbery Award winners. And not being someone who can do two things an once, I didn't make time to...